AOWF Bogie Timber Open Wagon No.58 - ex OW class No.5840

South Australian Railways

Broad Gauge

 

Class operators                                                 South Australian Railways

Provenance                                                         South Australian Railways

Condition                                                             Good

Ownership                                                           Port Dock Station Railway Trust

Entered service                                                  1944

Entered the museum                                       1995

 

AOWF No. 58 is a timber bogie open wagon that was built by the South Australian Railways at the Islington Workshops. It was originally built as OW 5840.

AOWF 58 was obtained by the museum in 1995.

Visit the NRM

76 Lipson Street
Port Adelaide
South Australia  5015
Australia
Open Daily / 10am – 4:30pm

Adult

$12

Concession

$9

Child
5-15 yrs & with an adult

$6

Family
2 adults & up to 3 children

$32

  • Prices may vary for special events
  • Open from 12pm on ANZAC Day
  • Closed Christmas Day

The National Railway Museum acknowledges the Kaurna people as the traditional owners and custodians of the Adelaide Plains. We honour and respect their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country. We aim to respect the cultural heritage, customs and beliefs of all Indigenous people.

Go to top