Port Dock Railway Line and Station Community Information Session
Sunday 17 March 2019
11am to 2pm
At the National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide
The PTP Alliance and DPTI will be holding a community information session at the National Railway Museum on Sunday 17 March 2019, between 11am and 2pm. Museum entry is free on this day, and the Red Hens will be running, also free of charge.
The National Railway Museum is hiring. We are looking for a person to fill the following position:
NRM part time paid position
One day per week (7.5 hours)
- Management responsibility for the NRM accounting package (MYOB) and data entry and processing.
- Responsibility for raising and filing of all Invoices and ensuring all debts are received, within agreed time frames in accordance with NRM financial procedures.
- Responsibility for processing, making payments and filing of all credit Invoices, within agreed times frames in accordance with NRM financial procedures.
- Liaise directly with the full time Operations Manager and Curator – Collections, and a small number of other key personnel who have financial delegation for incurring expenditure.
- Liaise directly with the NRM external financial accounting service provider.
- Liaise directly with volunteers involved in the finance area, including the Membership Officer regarding the collection of membership fees and ensuring data is correct.
- Prepare monthly Board Reports associated with financial Profit & Loss statements on a monthly and year to date basis – from MYOB.
Applicants need to provide a CV and include any documentation relevant to similar experience. An Employment Agreement is available upon request.
Applications are to be addressed to:
PO Box 3153
Port Adelaide SA 5015
...or emailed to : ...or dropped off at the NRM Port Adelaide
Applications close at 4.00pm Friday 22 March 2019.
Enquiries – only to the Executive Officer Bob Sampson 0417 800 224
Friday 22 March 2019
West Adelaide Football Club
Milner Road Richmond
After the general business section, a selection of about 200 colour slides from Gavin Hughes will be presented by Mick Searle.
This presentation will focus on the 1970s and 1980s, and primarily will cover general railway operations.
All members, non-members and friends most welcome.
Come for a meal first in the Bistro – opens at 6pm.
Please see the dates and times for special tours at the museum in 2019. Bookings not required.
Woodville Cabin – Wed 6th (one tour, 10:30am), Sun 10th (tours between 10am and 3pm)
Budd car – Wed 3rd (one tour, 10:30am), Sun 7th (tours between 10am and 3pm)
Kanni – Wed 5th (one tour, 10:30am), Sun 9th (tours between 10am and 3pm). Due to the fragile nature of some of the items, tours are restricted to people age 15 and over.
Wegmann lounge carriage – Wed 7th (one tour, 10:30am), Sun 11th (tours between 10am and 3pm)
Dynamometer Car – Wed 2nd (one tour, 10:30am), Sun 6th (tours between 10am and 3pm)
Onkaparinga carriage – Wed 6th (one tour, 10:30am), Sun 10th (tours between 10am and 3pm)