TC-class Fuel Tank No.8463

South Australian Railways

Broad Gauge


Class operators                                                   South Australian Railways

Provenance                                                         South Australian Railways

Condition                                                             Good

Ownership                                                           Port Dock Station Railway Museum

Entered service                                                  1926

Entered the museum                                          1995


South Australian Railways 4 wheel fuel tanker built by the Victorian Railways at the Newport Workshops in 1926. It was transferred to the South Australian railways in 1961.

It was obtained by the museum in 1995.

Visit the NRM

76 Lipson Street
Port Adelaide
South Australia  5015
Open Daily / 10am – 4:30pm





5-15 yrs & with an adult


2 adults & up to 3 children


  • Prices may vary for special events
  • EFTPOS is preferred payment method
  • Open from 12pm on ANZAC Day
  • Closed Christmas Day

Phone: 8341 1690

The National Railway Museum acknowledges the Kaurna people as the traditional owners and custodians of the Adelaide Plains. We honour and respect their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country. We aim to respect the cultural heritage, customs and beliefs of all Indigenous people.

Go to top